Fursonas get furs “closer to norms”; unlike therians, most furs don’t want to be “0% human”.
Researchers confirmed past survey results, while investigating:
- personality differences between non-furs, furs and fursonas
- furries’ impressions of non-furry perceptions of the fandom
- whether furs felt their fandom was distinct from anime
- whether furries felt entitled towards content creators
- whether certain fan activities were healthy or unhealthy
- levels of pet ownership, vegetarianism, and association with animal rights causes
- reasons for male-domination of and stigma towards the fandom
- other differences between furries, non-furries and therians
The 32-country survey covered 1,098 adults (951 furs, 104 non-furs); 152 were therians.
Find the full article here: flayrah – furry food for thought
Creative Commons: Full post may be available under a free license.